Kalypso Media is thrilled to announce that its upcoming grand strategy title, Grand Ages: Medieval, will make its console debut on PlayStation®4 on 25th September, alongside the PC version. Set in the High Middle Ages, Grand Ages: Medieval is a real-time grand strategy game which immerses players in a truly massive game-world spanning over 20 million square kilometres all recreated in stunning 1080p high definition. As well as an epic single player campaign where players get to lead their people through decades of politics, trade, warfare and research there will be an exciting 8-player multiplayer mode for rival rulers to fully embrace their empiric tendencies.
To give you an overview of the grand scale and strategic gameplay Grand Ages: Medieval aims to deliver, Kalypso Media has prepared an in-depth ‘How to Play’ video providing useful hints and tips and valuable information for aspiring empire builders ahead of the game’s launch.
Grand Ages: Medieval will also be available to play at Gamescom 2015 in the consumer Entertainment Hall 10.1 B080 and available for demo by appointment only in the Business Hall 2.1 C013. To make an appointment please contact us on the details below.
About Grand Ages: Medieval
It is the year 1050 AD. At the beginning of the High Middle Ages development in Europe has seen an unprecedented level of progress as a rapidly growing population spreads across the length and breadth of the continent. New frontiers are being explored, settlements founded and vast trading routes established. As the head of one of these small settlements, it falls upon you to lead your people towards greatness. Explore a vast world, gather resources, encounter other societies and use your trading expertise to expand and make your fortune. Found new cities, progress your nation with inventive technology and protect your trade routes against barbarian attacks until you are powerful enough to begin your conquest over Europe and forge a bold new empire.
Grand Ages: Medieval is a real-time strategy game from Gaming Minds. Lead your people and advance through the decades by utilising construction, research, expansion and conquest in an area extending from Scandinavia and North Africa; to Portugal, the Caucasus and the Middle East. Rise from the humble role of a simple mayor governing a small settlement to rule over all of Europe. Experience an exciting campaign with elaborately designed cut-scenes, play by your own rules in free play or test your skills in multiplayer against up to 8 players!
Features of Grand Ages: Medieval
- Explore a gigantic game world of over 20 million square kilometres, plot strategically where to found important cities and defend your kingdom against foreign powers
- Raise an army and fight your opponents with knights, archers and cavalry
- Produce and trade 20 different goods to meet the demands of your citizens and soldiers: such as coal, fruits and pottery
- Research and utilise 50 major technological advancement of the Middle Ages: including the three-field crop rotation, the low warp loom or the longbow
- Face devastating natural disasters like storms, fires, volcanoes, droughts, earthquakes… or even the Black Death
- Challenging Multiplayer Mode for up to 8 players via online (both formats) and local network (PC only)
Grand Ages: Medieval will be available for PlayStation®4 and Windows PC as a Limited Special Edition boxed version and via digital distribution globally on 25th September. For more information please visit the official website atwww.grandages.com or www.kalypsomedia.com