Honoring the 30th anniversary of He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® franchise, Mattel and leading independent games publisher, Chillingo along with mobile developer GlitchSoft, have launched an exciting new He-Man® game app. Available on the App Store, fans now have the chance to battle alongside He-Man® throughout his kingdom of Eternia® in a modern celebration of classic gameplay that will test player’s skill, speed and agility. Debuting on the iOS platform, the game features side-scrolling playability with powerful “Tap and Slash” functionality through 27 action packed levels spread across 7 beautifully rendered realms of Eternia®.Game Features Include:
- He-Man®, Skeletor®, Castle Grayskull®, and other characters and settings of Eternia® that fans know and love artfully re-mastered for today’s generation
- Fluid, intuitive, “Tap and Slash” controls for stunning He-Man® swordplay and action
- Epic boss battles with He-Man’s® greatest foes including Beast Man® and Skeletor®
- Collectible digital lore hidden in each level including 80s product art and mini-comic covers
- Strengthen He-Man® with fabulous secret powers and in-game upgrades
- Plays great on iPhone®, iPod touch® and iPad® mobile digital devices with retina-display graphics and sound effects
The star of the 1980s-era He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® story, He-Man® has been brought to life throughout the years in beloved Mattel action figures, animated television series, comic books and a live action feature film. Mattel’s partnership with Chillingo, a division of Electronic Arts and publisher of such hit titles as Angry Birds™, Cut the Rope™, Contre Jour, Feed Me Oil and Catapult King, combines the world’s leading toy company with an established leader in the mobile gaming industry.
“Mattel is unmatched in its ability to understand the world of play and the enduring appeal of well-told stories,” said Chris Byatte, co-founder and co-general manager, Chillingo. “We’re thrilled to partner with them to create new, entertaining opportunities for He-Man and Masters of the Universe fans.”
As part of the anniversary, Mattel has created a new Masters of the Universe® He-Man Facebook page, allowing devotees to connect and engage online with each other and their favorite hero. To date, more than 230,000 people have become fans.